or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WB commented  · 

I sent feedback to PTV in Melbourne, and got this hopeful-sounding reply:

"I acknowledge receipt of your complaint regarding the format of our timetable data.

PTV is upgrading the infrastructure that would support making public transport timetable data available to third-parties. It is expected that this infrastructure will be in place by mid-2013.

The release of any Public Transport Victoria data will be in line with the guidelines provided in the Government’s DataVic Access Policy. This policy is being developed by the Department of Treasury and Finance (DFT) and more information on this policy can be found at www.data.vic.gov.au

Once again thank you for contacting us with your feedback."

• AdminTransHub (Admin, TransHub) commented  · 

I believe those apps have been written in house by Metlink. As far as I'm aware they don't currently release the data to the public / have a data exchange program like Sydney, Adelaide, Perth etc.

• Jose commented  · 

Metlink already has a relatively robust platform for the iPhone and Android, so the data is there, I presume it's just a question of whether or not they are willing to let you guys use it?

Hopefully they do, I used the TransHub Sydney app when I went there a few weeks ago and I can't wait for a Melbourne version to be released.

Feedback and Knowledge Base